Saturday, November 20, 2010

monty python and the holy grail

my web page making skills are really improving.  I have been practising making perl scripts for a while now and have been using them as a kind of content management system.

1up
 It's a lot of fun and I have really developed an enjoyment for chewing up data with perl.  What a powerful and effective language.  I don't understand why people use all these objects and stuff though.  Seems like some people would rather download a module than write a few lines of code.  I just don't understand some people.

Coming up with the algorithm is really the funnest part because it shows how powerful the language is and it takes a little bit of finesse to develop a process that is simple enough to work, and yet flexible enough to be effective in all the different kinds of situations that it might have to deal with.



I am getting better and better and am almost ready to make the next step into object based programming.  I have some experience in school with C+ objects, which are cool and all, but I really want to have the flexibility of loading pages and stuff individually and making changes across an entire website without having to write scripts for each individual page.

cubism
Eventually, I want to have a system that works for all my pages and that makes it easy enough to make edits from anywhere in the world.  I really enjoy photography and want to travel and take pictures of everything.  It is getting harder and harder to be a successful artist, and my approach is simple, produce a ton of stuff and hope that there's enough cash to put your kids through karate lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment