Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Freelance Writing

When I wrote my first search engine, I didn't know it would start me down this path of insanity and tea.

I enjoy writing.  The ability to compose a string of meaningful linguistic structures intended to convey meaning and thought is a privelege which I have never taken for granted.

It's not what I love though.  I love compost.  I love worms and figuring out how to feed chemicals to the rhizosphere.  I love dirt on my hands and delicious and beautiful food on my table.  I love my family.  I love travelling.  I love making and building things.  I don't like staring at a computer monitor under any circumstances.  Still, if it's possible to pay the bills by banging my brain against a computer monitor, then so be it.

So, if you're just getting started in writing, then you may want to start with general writing, blogs etc., but in order to maximize your wages, you will probably want to market your special skills.  Whatever it is that makes you special.  I am currently looking into translating, since it tends to pay more and engineering kinds of writing since I have some engineering experience.

References:

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess many people feel the same about writing. I have started my freelance experience from uatxt.com portal. It is for writing, translations, etc. Now I have lot's of interesting projects to write about. Where could I get more time for that?

      Delete