Tuesday, September 22, 2015

What's the plan?

Today was fairly productive.  I'm reorganizing our home.  We've spent the last couple of years collecting junk from family, thrift stores, garage sales etc. and it's starting to pile up.  I'm starting in my office, getting rid of uneccessary books and packing away those precious tomes which I just can't get myself to let go of. 


portrait by emma sober


I love that feeling of looking over a space and seeing how much better it is after putting some effort into it.  I also enjoy spending some time imagining spaces in a more improved state.  I imagine how much more productive the space could be, or just imagine myself relaxing in a space that has more convenience or comfort built into it. 

do you have kung fu?


My daughter has really started to clean and pick up after herself recently.  It's very inspiring to be a part of her development and to see her deciding to get everything put away so she can enjoy the rewards of living in a clean and orderly space (and the extra cupcake or freshly baked cookies that were offered as a reward). 



Found a cool site called the organic farming research foundation, which is pretty interesting.  They have a lot of information about various organic farming things, including some articles about developing a commercial organic goji production plan.  Goji production has been my main field of study lately, propagating, fertilizing, growing, cropping, etc.  It's kind of a big deal.  There are many places in America where Goji could be an excellent crop.  It produces high quality protein and doesn't consume excessive water.  It has especially high potential in areas where the soil quality and water availability are low.


candy display

I've been exercising my back and shoulders more and more.  The pain is finally lifting.  It's a pain that I've carried around since childhood and it's such a relief that it's not so intense and heavy all the time.  Having some muscles is good.  If I can build muscles, then anyone can.  Below is a before picture.  My spine is all messed up.  I figure, if Michael Phelps can exercise for 12 hours a day, then I can do at least 5 or 6 hours, at least until the pain isn't so intense.  Exercise sure beats having to take pain pills.



No comments:

Post a Comment