Sunday, October 24, 2010

My first post

That's right, it's the obligatory first post in my blog!  My webpages are coming along swimmingly.  I have two primary pages that I am working on right now.  As an artist and an author, it's very challenging to get through all the mumbo jumbo out there and come up with something entertaining and then get it to the customer.

Symbols have powerful meanings. 


My first page, infinite flower is a page full of pictures of flowers and art work that is based on flowers.  When I was first discharged from the military, I discovered free software called GIMP that helps me to manipulate pictures of all kinds of stuff into things that look like flowers.  My favorite thing to do is just to slice up a picture of a flower and give it a sense of balance.  I haven't worked on that site in a while, but it's my first real attempt.  I have been building sites (unsuccessfully) since around 2000-ish.  So, it's been about 10 years on and off depending on what else was going on in my life.

The main project that I am working on right now is theblackninja. This site is all about awesome people that I have known.  I have tried to capture what it was that made them awesome and just made each description about ninjas.  It works out pretty good, because there's a lot of mystery involved with ninjas and ninjitsu.  I guess it's a little trippy because it works out like some kind of wierd religion or something, but really, it's just an attempt to spread the awesomeness and to get my artwork out there.  I have been making comic strips and little black and white icon kinds of art for those pages.  It has been coming along pretty well, but I still am not really proud of it.  Trying to bring the concept and the execution all together into one comprehensive package is really difficult for a retard like me.

Cogs represent machinery of society that keeps functioning.


Anyway, I have been doing pretty well with it.  I have almost all the html errors eliminated, I got a sitemap uploaded and I started some affiliate programs.  There really is a lot of stuff involved.  I could work full-time for ages and still not really get everything done.  I really want to do a home-repair kind of a thing.  I love fixing stuff.  I have my hands full right now.  My main goal is to make the black ninja a kind of a teenage entertainment site and eventually produce a comic book or something with the artwork.  I really don't have any real solid plans for the future, but I am learning a lot about search engines and traffic stuff.  Content almost seems like the last thing that people think about.

Well, I really appreciate all the tools and stuff that are available.  I have so much work to do.  There really isn't any extra time.

No comments:

Post a Comment